*** Important: PhoneSpeex is NOT compatible with TeamSpeak 3 ***
PhoneSpeex is a voice chat application optimized for the mobile experience that allows you to communicate with other people using TeamSpeak 2. TeamSpeak 2 is popular with multiplayer gamers and scanner enthusiasts: PhoneSpeex allows them to keep in touch with their teams on-the-go.
You must be connected to a TeamSpeak 2 server to communicate using PhoneSpeex; you cannot connect to other users directly. For a list of TeamSpeak 2 servers that are available you can refer to http://www.tsviewer.com, which contains a neatly categorized database of servers.
Note: If you're not already familiar with TeamSpeak, this application is probably not for you.
*** PhoneSpeex is neither endorsed by nor affiliated with TeamSpeak (teamspeak.com) or TSViewer (tsviewer.com). ***
If you like the app, please leave a review on the app store. If you have having problems or to request new features, please write to email@example.com.
- Mobile TeamSpeak 2 client, optimized for an on-the-go experience.
- Local addressbook.
- Two-way voice chat with speex codec.
- Voice activation.
- Server and channel passwords.
- Receive text and chat messages.
- Display of channel and player information.
- Player status notifications.
- Low bitrate speech (Speex codec only).
PLANNED FOR FUTURE RELEASES:
- Send text and chat messages.
- Register with server.
- Sounds for actions like connect, player joined, etc.
- Automatic channel join on login.
PhoneSpeex is a great match for the iPhone since it allows you to chat with your TeamSpeak buddies on the go, however, it currently lacks several features that the (free) desktop version provides, notably:
- As the name implies, *** PhoneSpeex only supports channels using the Speex codec ***.
- You cannot administer other users using PhoneSpeex.
- There's no Web Server List browser, but you can refer to http://www.tsviewer.com to find servers to add.
- PhoneSpeex requires a microphone for voice, so will not work with 1st generation iPod Touch. 2nd generation iPod Touch requires a headphone with microphone capability plugged in.