Collins English Dictionary Unabridged by Mobile Systems
Search over 500,000 English words, references and examples in this 30th anniversary edition of the Collins’ flagship dictionary. Collins English Dictionary 2010 Complete and Unabridged is not only comprehensive and authoritative, but also offers outstanding coverage of world, regional and dialect English. Collins English Dictionary is a rich source of words for everyone who loves language.
The dictionary includes the latest vocabulary, based upon our 2.5 billion word database. All definitions, examples, idioms, and usage notes are based on the Collins Corpus -- an unrivalled and constantly updated 2.5 billion-word database of today's English - making it an authoritative and up-to-the-minute reference source.
* 500,000 words, references and examples
* 6,000 biographical entries
* key expressions and example sentences
* usage notes give advice on using the right word in the right place
* cultural notes on life and language
* thousands of etymologies trace the roots of modern English
* a clear design that makes this dictionary accessible and easy to use
The Collins English Dictionary 2010 Complete and Unabridged is recommended for: School students of 12 years +, general business users, language lovers and crossword buffs.
A search tool
Featuring various search options to help you find the words you need more easily, including:
* A quick search of words while you type
* A ‘fuzzy filter’ when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word
* A ‘keyword’ search for finding key words within compound words
* A wild card search facility which can replace a letter or a group of letters
A learning tool
The dictionary app includes a number of features which help you to grow your vocabulary further:
* A ‘Favourites’ feature allows you to create your own categories and lists of words from the extensive library, which includes all cross-curriculum words
* Your last visited words are all saved in your ‘History’, so that you can quickly look back at recently checked words
* Discover more about language with the special language notes and ‘Word of the day’ feature
* Fun and engaging word games like ‘Hangman’, ‘Word scramble’ and ‘Anagrams’ give the opportunity to use newly learnt words