French Dictionary and Thesaurus with Verbs by Ultralingua, Inc.
*** Some customers are reporting crashes. If the app crashes, delete the app and re-install it from the App Store. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more help!
Redesigned and updated for iOS 7
Over 185,000 definitions and 17,000 synonyms • Conjugates thousands of French verbs • Hundreds of usage notes and examples • No internet connection required
"For serious language students and translators who are looking for more precision." - The New York Times
Featured by Apple as "What's Hot"
Ultralingua makes apps for people who love languages. You can count on our French dictionary and thesaurus to provide all the content you need, along with extra features that help you get the most out of the dictionary. Use our verb conjugation tool to find complete conjugations of thousands of verbs in all standard forms, and the thesaurus to find synonyms and antonyms when you need them with no internet connection required.
• Over 85,000 entries with 185,000 definitions
• Over 85,000 synonyms
• Thousands of biographic and geographic entries, as well as etymologies (root word histories)
• Slang, technical language, and regional differences in spelling and usage
• Hundreds of usage notes about troublesome constructions
• Smart search results in case you misspell or mistype
• Search-as-you-go displays words and narrows your selection as you type
• Conjugations for thousands of French verbs
• Includes all standard tenses and forms
• Smart search finds infinitives and catches misspellings
• Must-have reference tool for any student or language professional
• On iPhone/iPod touch, conjugate a verb from the dictionary results by tapping it
• Translate numerals into French text with the number tool
• Tap the history button to view the 50 most recent dictionary definitions, verb conjugations, and more in one place. Sort the list alphabetically or by date, and choose to clear the list completely or delete one entry at a time.
• No internet connection required
• Change your device settings to view the app display in English, Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, or German
"Excellent Reference - A French language dictionary is a great complement to a Fr-Eng/Eng-Fr dictionary for students of French, and I highly recommend this one. The conjugator is handy for when you forget how to form a particular tense." -User review
"Not only is it easy to use but it contains so much information and it is well organized, explained and easy to read." -User review
View our reviews below to see why users love this app, and remember to let us know what you think!
Are you learning French? A monolingual French dictionary is a must-have tool for any French language learner. This app includes conjugations of thousands of French verbs in all standard forms. The all-French data also helps immerse students in the language, which is shown to increase proficiency and retention.
This universal app will run on iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch, so you can purchase it once and load it onto all your devices. The iPad and iPhone/iPod touch versions look and behave differently to give you a great experience on every device you own. The interface will change, but you’ll always have the same outstanding language data and tools inside.
This is a monolingual French dictionary. Many bilingual dictionaries are also available from Ultralingua, including combinations of French, Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, German, and more. See what else we have to offer by searching for Ultralingua in the App Store.
Follow us on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook for app news, language learning tips, and more: