Dictionary English -> German CONCISE by PONS by Mobile Systems
A medium-sized dictionary with 165,000 keywords, phases and translations
Do you read English texts or write German texts in your everyday life, your spare time or as part of your job?
Then the dictionary English -> German CONCISE from PONS is the perfect reference tool for you.
Who can benefit in particular from this app?
Everyone who has to frequently look up English terms in everyday life, their spare time or even as part of their job.
About the contents:
* Current and comprehensive vocabulary containing around 65,000 keywords and phrases and more than 100,000 translations
* With context examples, information on language use and lots of other important information on grammar
* Includes regional differences in the language as spoken in Austria and Switzerland
* With vocabulary from a wide variety of areas such as Internet, new media and trends
* With IPA phonetics
What can the app do?
* Easy search function: Don’t worry if you’re not sure how to spell a word – the similar words or wild card search function will find what you are looking for
* You can use the Bookmarks feature as a learning tool or to create your own topics and word lists
* Access linked entries with just one click
* Use the back arrow to return to recently looked-up words
* This application provides 100% offline functionality. You do not incur any roaming charges
PONS has been developing green materials for learning languages and dictionaries for life for more than 30 years: for school, business, travel and hobby use. More than 500 dictionaries and courses in languages as diverse as Chinese and Hungarian help you to learn and check words – regardless of any prior knowledge you may or may not have. Since everybody’s approach to learning differs, PONS offers a comprehensive range encompassing everything from classic dictionaries and grammar aids to audio and software language courses, right up to apps and free online services, such as the www.pons.eu language portal featuring dictionaries in 12 languages and German spelling rules in their entirety. For more information, visit www.pons.de.
PONS GmbH is a member of the Klett Group of companies. With 60 companies in 42 locations in 18 countries, Klett Group constitutes Germany’s largest educational company.
The PONS Compact Dictionary is powered by the MSDict technology especially enhanced for iPhone, iPad and iPod with the following key benefits:
* Fast article scrolling
* Quick search of words while you type
* Bookmarks - you can use the Bookmarks feature as a learning tool and create your own topics and wordlists
* Filters added to help you locate the word you are searching for:
* Fuzzy filter- used when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word
* Keyword- used to locate the instances of a key word within other compound words
* Wild card - "?" and "*" replace a letter and group of letters in words
* Hyperlinks between words and articles
* No connection to the Internet required - you can use the dictionary on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch without connecting to the Internet and with no additional charges
* Ability to change the font size in the word definitions