[Version 1.5 is now compatible with iOS4]
Build your own StreetView photo with Photo+Map!
Have you ever wanted to remember a cool place, took a picture of it but later on forgot how to get back to it ? Not anymore with Photo+Map the easy-to-use iPhone/iPod application that let you combine your photo and map(s) all on the same final picture.
With Photo+Map you can build your own Street View photo directly from your iPhone!
With Photo+Map no need to lookup the EXIF information to find your GPS location, the map(s) next to your photo will show you exactly where the picture was taken !
You can then :
- share the photo by email at it's full resolution - up to 2048x2048 with the iPhone 3GS
- save it to your camera roll and import it later in your photo editor
VIDEO: checkout Photo+Map 1.0 in action at :
You can choose the photos from your library or take a new photo using the built-in camera of your iPhone (feature not available on iPod Touch).
Your device will then locate where you are and retrieve the corresponding maps to combine them with your photo.
Save your new Photo with maps to your Photo Library so it can be imported to your desktop machine, or use in any other applications running on your device (Twitter client, Flickr uploader, etc...)
Photo+Map get your location using the built-in location system available in the iPhone OS.
The new photo+map is saved at the original resolution. Photo taken with the built-in camera will be 1600x1600 instead of 1600x1200 on an iPhone 1st generation or iPhone 3G, and 2048x2048 with an iPhone 3GS. The maps are added to the original dimension!
- Take photo from your camera or use an existing photo
- Use the GPS (iPhone 3G/3Gs) and/or the Geo location service to locate where you are
- choose between 1 or 4 maps on the final photos
- print on the final photo the timestamp and the latitude/longitude information of your current location
- save the final image to the photo library
- get the maps from a photo from your recent camera roll
- choose between Yahoo Maps or Google Maps
Tips when sending a Photo+map by email :
- emailing a Photo+Map from iPhone/iPod : if you send a photo+map using the Photo application, the photo embedded in the email will be a scaled down version of the photo with the following dimension 800x800. Future version of Photo+Map will let you send the full photo+map resolution in an email.
- if you want to send the full resolution, synchronize your photo with your desktop machine to get the full size photo.
Photo+Map Lite limitation:
Photo+Map Lite has various limitations : limited to one photo+map at a time -you can restart the application as many times as you want, limited number of maps, limited zoom level control, accuracy, etc...
In addition a "Made with Photo+Map" will be added on the final picture.
Please check http://photoplusmap.com/ for the difference between the two versions.