A month ago I was in serious trouble. It was the night before our first anniversary, and once again I didn't have the money to buy my girlfriend a present. But this time I had a plan. I pulled out my laptop and started typing.
The next morning I closed my laptop lid, picked up my iPhone, and left to meet my girlfriend. First, I had her close her eyes. Then I pulled out my phone and launched my new app iRose - named after her middle name, Rose. She looked at the phone (I've attached a screenshot below), while I explained that now I could send flowers to her iPod Touch from anywhere in the world. Not only that, but I could pick from many different flowers, and find a special vase to match each one.
To my surprise, she loved it! But I wasn't finished yet. I tapped the card beside the flower, which opened to show her the message I'd typed on the inside. That went over really well. Then she suggested that to further personalize the gift, the bottom half of the card should be a drawing pad where I could sign my name.
After such a positive reaction, I decided I should share it with anyone else that finds themselves in a similar situation. You can send an unlimited number of roses for free, or help me buy her next present by unlocking all the other flowers. I also adapted it for mother's day, father's day, thank you notes, and any other special occasion. With iRose, it's easy to show someone how much you love them, in a personal, beautiful, and unique way.
iRose - Full Version
The following features are available in the full version of iRose:
- Send virtual flowers from your iPhone or iPod Touch to anyone, anywhere in the world.
- Personalize each flower with as long a message as you'd like, and use the drawing pad to sign each one in a special way.
- Email flowers to people that don't even have the iRose app, via the new "picture ticket" method. It's simple and absolutely free for them.
- You only need to email a flower to someone once - afterwards iRose will be able to send flowers directly to that recipient.
- Or, you can send flowers directly by pairing devices over Bluetooth or WiFi.
- 20 beautiful, diverse flowers and 12 elegant vases to choose from.
- Push notification support notifies you when you have a flower - even if you don't have iRose open.