Children Around the World by Peter Guttman by Banzai Labs Inc.
Children Around the World is a photographic exploration of the world of children told by award-winning travel journalist Peter Guttman. * Named a "Best of 2012 Book App" by Kirkus Reviews, since 1933 one of the most trusted and authoritative voices in book discovery.
Children Around the World presents a remarkably enchanting and unprecedented visual survey of this globes's most important resource--the youth of our human species. Dazzling vignettes and charming descriptions offer strikingly colorful glimpses into the diverse lifestyles and remote landscapes of so many cultures. This fascinating and entertaining peek into the world of children provides a sneak preview of the planet's future generations and offers captivating insight into our common humanity.
** Features **
- Over 200 Photographs, each accompanied by Peter Guttman's inspired description.
- Fully interactive, zoomable map and image gallery with slideshow.
- Ability to save images as your iPhone, iPod or iPad Wallpaper.
- Ability to share images with your own personal greeting with the built-in Facebook plugin.
** Accolades **
* Featured Education app and New and Noteworthy in the iTunes App Store.
* Kirkus Reviews ("since 1933 one of the most trusted and authoritative voices in book discovery") named "Children Around the World" a "Best of 2012 Book App".
** Reviews of Peter Guttman's work **
* "Stunning images...sumptuous, dramatically lit shots."
-- New York Times
* "One of the premiere travel photographers."
* "Guttman's photographs capture the spirit of a place."
* "Such a beautiful vision."
-- CBS This Morning
* "His photographs all seem to glow from an inner light."
-- Dallas Morning News
* "Peter Guttman is a gutsy photographer who has taken pictures all over the world and paints glorious word-pictures with extraordinary photographs."
-- Popular Photography
** About Peter Guttman **
Two times named the Lowell Thomas Travel Journalist of the Year, called a "one-man Explorers Club" in the New York Times, and with zero inhibitions, Peter Guttman has blanketed the planet to create a far-reaching survey of both nearby dazzling landmarks and unknown, intriguing corners of our terrestrial home.
The author and creator of a hardcover award-winning book series for Fodors Travel Publications, an on-air expert for the Travel Channel and A&E Television and the recipient of solo photographic exhibitions at Sotheby's and the United Nations, Peter Guttman skillfully introduces the user to the marvels of our planet.