iTrailMap 3D (ski and snowboard trail maps) by Big Air Software, LLC
iTrailMap 3D lets you see yourself on a 3D mountain, record your tracks and upload them to the web. It also records stats like vert and distance. The app was designed for skiers and snowboarders. But it works great for mountain biking and hiking also.
- Pan, zoom, and rotate 3D models of your favorite ski resorts.
- Download paper/piste maps to the phone.
- Once a resort's maps are downloaded, no internet or cellular connection is needed. You can still view the maps and even use the GPS without a network connection.
- See your GPS location on the slopes.
- Record your tracks, and show them to friends later.
- Record your vertical feet and total distance skied.
- Extremely fast access to paper maps. Don't let your hands freeze while waiting for maps to download.
-Flip smoothly between 3D GPS maps and paper maps. With a single touch. (See website for iPhone compatible YouTube video demo)
-App starts up where you left off, so you are right back to viewing the current resort after startup.
-Landscape mode for both 3D maps and paper maps.
- 750+ resorts currently available. From all over the world. All have 3D models with lift lines displayed. See website for complete list of resorts. If you don't see your favorite resort, let us know and we'll add it for you ASAP!
Please send resort requests, comments, and suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Note: These are not "official" trail maps. Always adhere to posted signs, trail closures, and official resort maps. Big Air Software is not affiliated with the ski resorts listed.
If you're tracks are broken up or "dotted", the iPhone's GPS is not receiving a good signal. Try putting the phone in a different pocket. An arm pocket or breast pocket is ideal.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Skiing, snowboarding, cross country, hiking, we got you covered. Keep an eye on the weather and snow reports, and THINK SNOW!!
Here is a sampling of the supported resorts in Utah, Colorado, Vermont, and Europe. See the website for complete listing:
Breckenridge, Whistler, Blackcomb, Vail, Keystone, Beaver Creek, Copper Mountain, Arapahoe Basin, Chamonix, Mammoth, Park City, Killington, Espace Killy, 3 Vallées, Val Thorens, Winter Park, Heavenly, Steamboat, Courchevel, Portes du Soleil, Morzine, Meribel, Squaw Valley, Snowbird, Jackson Hole, La Plagne, Les Arcs, Lake Louise, Les 2 Alpes, Arlberg (Lech), Zermatt, Alta, Northstar at Tahoe, Ischgl, Snowmass, Deer Valley, Bear Mountain, Mont Tremblant, Sunshine Village, Telluride, Okemo, The Canyons, Les Menuires, Kitzbühel, Kirkwood, Sunday River, Verbier, Alp d' Huez, Stowe, Snowshoe, Grandvalira, Jay Peak, Big Sky, Crested Butte, Aspen Highlands, Stratton, Alpine Meadows, Mt. Hood Meadows, Big White, Crystal Mountain, Ötz Tal - Sölden, Val Gardena, Dolomiti, Brighton, Zillertal - Finkenberg, Alyeska, Revelstoke, Sierra at Tahoe, Mt. Baker, Les Crosets, Taos, Hunter Mountain, Sugarbush, Mountain Creek, Camelback, Kicking Horse, Mountain High,Snow Summit, Fernie, Stevens Pass, Loon Mountain, Zillertal Arena, Sugarloaf, Wolf Creek, Mount Bachelor,S ugar Bowl, Serre Chevalier, Skiwelt, Snowbasin, Solitude,Z illertal - Hintertuxer, Whiteface, Livigno, Eaglecrest, Timberline Lodge, Seven Springs, Mt Hood Skibowl, Cypress Mountain, Cervinia,Saas Fee, Aspen Mountain, Skicircus, Durango, Holiday Valley, Summit at Snoqualmie, and MANY more!!!!