Barron’s EZ-101 Study Keys: English Literature (by Benjamin W. Griffith, Ph.D.) by Blackstone Audio, Inc
BARRON’S EZ-101 STUDY KEYS: ENGLISH LITERATURE by Benjamin W. Griffith, Ph.D. (unabridged) is presented by Blackstone Audio and comes with what is perhaps the best audiobook app available (see FEATURES, below).
“An excellent introduction for students at the high-school or college levels.” (Midwest Book Review)
Designed to be compatible with virtually every standard textbook in its subject field, Barron’s EZ-101 Study Keys gives you a valuable overview of your college-level course. From Middle English through the modern writers, “English Literature” covers the key themes, quotations, and literary terms.
Self-contained, this audiobook app is perfect for your commute, on a trip, or while relaxing. Based on a library-quality recording, this app was built especially for your iPhone and iPod Touch. No unreadable text, no endless scrolling on a tiny screen. The audio is of higher-than-normal quality, making for a great listening experience that will not tire your ears or grate on your nerves.
NOTICE: This app includes the exact same 5-star recording offered elsewhere at much higher prices. It was professionally recorded by Blackstone Audio’s narrator, Stuart Langton. You are not buying yet another amateur or volunteer narration. No clicks, background noises, throat clearing, mispronunciations, tinny voices or monotones will be found here.
• EXPERIENCE. About 5 hours of narration. Created as a Folium enhancedAudio™ edition, this book includes extra functions and features not found on lesser players.
• PLAYER CONTROLS. Includes listen (play), pause, multi-speed fast forward/reverse, jump ahead/back, chapter skip, volume control, one-touch chapter- and bookmark browser. There is also a “scrub” bar that finds any point inside the chapter with just a tap.
• SLEEP TIMER. Have you ever fallen asleep watching TV or listening to a book? If so, you'll love this feature. Once set, the book will stop, place a bookmark, and allow you to jump back to where you probably began dozing.
• CLEAR & ELEGANT DESIGN. Simple, clean, intuitive, and smarter than average.
• CHAPTER TIMINGS. Always know how much time it will take to finish a chapter. Plus, the progress bar at the top of the screen shows how far into the book you’ve come.
• OFFLINE LISTENING. You are airplane-ready! Once downloaded, listen uninterrupted without threat from a lost network connection. Downloads are usually just 5-10 minutes, but depend upon your network speed.
• AUTO-BOOKMARKING. The player remembers where you stopped listening and returns to that exact spot when you open the book again.
• TELL-A-FRIEND. An easy way to recommend the book to your friends or Twitter feed.
• FEEDBACK. Share your ideas for books, functions, and features. We are very responsive to our listeners and appreciate all feedback and ideas.
RATING: Suitable for students or anyone who wants to learn more about English Literature.
Designed to be compatible with virtually every standard textbook in its subject field, Barron’s EZ-101 Study Keys give you a valuable overview of your college-level course. Classroom-style notes emphasize important facts, remind you what you need to remember for term papers and exams, and help guide you through the complexities of lectures and textbooks.
“English Literature” covers the key themes, quotations, and literary terms for your introductory college course. All key topics are covered, including Old English language and poetry; Middle English masters such as Chaucer; Renaissance masters such as Shakespeare, Donne, and Milton; Restoration and eighteenth-century masters; the Romantic poets and novelists; the Victorians; and the modern writers.